- Don’t wait for consensus. Just go and get it done.
- Don’t worry about what those who will oppose you think. Make them fight you to undo what you just did.
It would appear that I’m not alone:
More and more people are tired of waiting for help, for direction, from people who seem to be in leadership positions. More and more we are seeing those “leaders” paralyzed by truth on one hand and getting elected on the other.
They know, they KNOW, that they have to make some hard decisions. Yet, they can’t make ’em, cause if they do, they won’t be re-elected. So they’re taking the easy route-they do nothing.
And that leave people depending on them without direction or support. And now, finally, they are doing something about it:
PRICHARD, Ala. — This struggling small city on the outskirts of Mobile was warned for years that if it did nothing, its pension fund would run out of money by 2009. Right on schedule, its fund ran dry.
Then Prichard did something that pension experts say they have never seen before: it stopped sending monthly pension checks to its 150 retired workers, breaking a state law requiring it to pay its promised retirement benefits in full.
They did it. They just stopped paying the money. Cause they don’t have any; none. The fund is broke and the town can’t afford to pay.
And I’m guessing that no one is going to step in and do anything about it. There’s little point anyway; there’s nothing to be done. The city is gone, there’s no one left. They don’t have any income and they have little hope of finding any.
But one thing struck me as a I read the interview:
- Nettie Banks, 68, a retired Prichard police and fire dispatcher
- Alfred Arnold, a 66-year-old retired fire captain
- Eddie Ragland, 59, a retired police captain
- David Anders, 58, a retired district fire chief
- the plan allowed workers to retire young, in their 50s
This ponzi scheme let hard working town citizens retire, probably after only 20 years in, as early as mid fifties.
We can’t afford it. And the only way out is to simply act while you can and them them come after you later.