- When two parties voluntarily enter into contract, each one, by definition, comes out ahead.
- The milk I get from the grocer is worth more to me than the money I give to the grocer.
- The money the grocer gets from me is worth more than the milk the grocer gives to me.
- This is an example of a GROWING economy where people yearn to trade.
- When one or more parties are forced into contract, one or the other -or both-, by definition, comes out behind.
- When forced to sell milk at a price below market value, the grocer receives less money than the milk is worth.
- When forced to buy labor at a price above market value, the employer pays more for the labor than the labor is worth.
- This is an example of a shrinking economy.
As a point of fact. I actively pursue things that create a situation where I come out ahead. I avoid those where I come out behind.