- I am a child of a divorced family.
- Growing up, my family qualified for free and reduced lunches.
- I got my first job, literally, for my 10th birthday. I’ve been collecting a pay check for 33 years.
- I took out student loans to get through college
- I worked 20-30 hours a week to get through college
- I paid back my student loans
- I once offered to work for free for two weeks in order to secure a job.
- I later managed that business.
- When the technology start-up company I worked for went out of business, I moved 1,200 miles.
- To secure employment as a cafeteria cashier.
- AND I worked a second job as a wedding bartender.
- AND I worked a third job, on weekend days, as a bartender at a Ground Round.
- For more years consecutive than I care to think about, I’ve worked my allotted number of yearly hours by the month of August.
- I’ve purchased hundreds of dollars of books and trade magazines to remain educated in my field.
- When there is no one else to go to, I raise my hand.
I am the 53%. And I will do what I always do: Occupy My Job