So, the bi-partisian debt committee Has admitted to failure; they are unable to reach an agreement on the gap they were to address. A couple of things:
1. There is no one that seriously thinks we have a revenue problem. If they say that they are died in the wool Statists or they are lying.
2. The committee was never really considering realm cuts to spending. They were talking about cutting the amount they were gonna increase spending. Never, ever, was the idea to spend less next year than this year.
3. Failure to reach an agreement isn’t the end of the world; we still get 1 trillion in cuts.
4. Republicans running around claiming they can’t cut the Pentagon’s budget are acting like Democrats.
5. With that said, defense spending IS called for in the constitution. Food stamps and section 8 are not.